AMA: Ask the Spook

Here, you're welcome to start a thread for others to ask you anything they might want to know about you! Within reason, of course!
Spook of the lost

Re: AMA: Ask the Spook

Post by Spook of the lost » 2 weeks ago

second floor, north facing window, far end of the hall.

though it's less a bedroom and more a multi-purpose room given how I use it.

I've got a small workspace with my soldering equipment, a loft bed about 5.8ft in the air, my multi-console TV setup, a mini-fridge and microwave in one corner.

I'm looking to rebuild all of it though to be more space efficient, converting the closet into an alcove bed with drawers for storage and a touch screen rigged to give info, act as an alarm, etc so I have more room in general.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 2 weeks ago

How much clutter do you have?
Spook of the lost

depends on the definition I suppose and it varies.

I've got bins of components I've salvaged and bins of stuff to recycle.

bins of stuff I've yet to test/salvage/recycle, they're either in my workspace or the storage locker I rent for it.

I keep my actual living necessities to a minimum in favor of more space for other stuff.

I try not to keep things cluttered but I've got another room waiting once it's vacated to move my workspace into which should reduce some of that given I use my skills to make money on the side along with my normal job.

so I'd say some but it's organized so it's not visual clutter really.

if it was up to me I'd buy some land, setup a trailer to live in and a nice big area to tinker/build/work in, don't really need much else... maybe a dedicated research library room where I can store designs I'm working on as well as technical manuals and such as I come across them.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 2 weeks ago

Have you ever worked in phpBB? *curious*
Spook of the lost

@Juneberry not directly, though I've been learning it as of late to help darth over at makestation, trying to figure out stuff, but I'm about at the same level as I was with HTML/CSS when I started my website a couple years ago.
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 1 week ago

Can you help me figure out why the nested links for forum subforum etc stopped working someday? :3
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 1 week ago

nested links?

maybe, I'd still ask darth first though, he's very good at both PHP and phbb code, to the point that he writes his own plugins.
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 4 days ago

I might just do that! :)
What programming languages are you best at?
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 4 days ago

@Juneberry python, assembly, c, basic, html.
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 4 days ago

Which of those was the easiest to learn?