General Chat Thread

Come here to talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Juneberry
Site Admin

Re: General Chat Thread

Post by Juneberry » 1 week ago

I see! I always assumed you had to drink alcohol if you were at a karaoke bar. I'm not sure why I thought that though.
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 1 week ago

well most people associate bars with alcohol, but yeah, you don't have to actually drink alcohol at a bar, go figure :lol:
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 1 week ago

I'd love a shirley temple right now though, now that you've mentioned it. I used to get those all the time when I'd go out with my family as a kid.
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 6 days ago

haha same, it's part of why I made the switch from ginger ale to shirley temples, that and I usually wear an Inverness cape coat so the red color makes me look a bit more eccentric and vampire like lol.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 6 days ago

Why do you try so hard to look vampire-like? Also can I borrow the cape coat? I'm going to a halloween party on Saturday xD
Spook of the lost

well the thing is... I don't, but it sorta stuck, like the mad scientist thing.

see I am a big fan of steampunk as a style and so I got the coat for that reason to wear with my goggles... also because it's the same style that sherlock holmes wears.

and well, I found out a few years ago that I'm descended from vlad Tepes, the person who inspired a lot of the modern vampire stores, and dracula himself.

but since people kept referring to my appearance as vampiric I decided, eh what the heck lol.

mostly though it's because it's fun to wear something that makes people ask questions, and converse.
it hides my own social failings if people come to me first :lol:

I'd send it to you if I could lol, honestly I need to have it re-fitted since my shoulders have become more broad in the last year or so, and I don't wear it in the summer, too hot.
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 6 days ago

It's always amazing how what we plan and think can vary so distinctly from one person to another, isn't it? Though knowing that you're descended from the original 'vampire' inspiration is pretty neat in some way too, I think. I don't think I have any relatives that are particularly interesting in my past, though my grandmother was a singer from what I'm told. I can't find anything about her, though.
Spook of the lost

my family has a lot of interesting people.

my great great uncle was henri bhedenharn, inventor of the bottle cap crown.

my great grandmother was at the battle of little bighorn.

my grandmother's side of the family is filled with gypsies, dethroned royals, and creatives.

my grandfather's side, who the first one is related to, is filled with all sorts of tinkeres, inventors, etc.

I actually visited ellis island once when I was young and looking into my family history to try and fill in a 500 year gap.

you know, one of my special talents is finding information, about nearly anything.

there's also methods for digging up history out there like using DNA tests and such.
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 5 days ago

I can't afford a DNA test otherwise I'd do one. I don't even know my blood type ><
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 5 days ago

really?

blood type is something you really should know in case of emergency.

but well that information will always be there I suppose.

I went to karaoke last night after work btw, it was going to be cold and snowing so I went because there would be less people and more opportunities to sing.