Are you still using Windows 7?

Come here to talk all things computers, gadgets, internet and then some!
James

Are you still using Windows 7?

Post by James » 7 months ago

I'm not sure if anyone has read the tech news much, but once it hits January 2020 Microsoft will no longer support Windows 7 (unless you bought a specific set of licenses). Are you still using Windows 7, if so, do you still think you will use it or will you finally upgrade to Windows 8.1 / Windows 10?
MeowsePad

Post by MeowsePad » 7 months ago

I seriously considered switching back to Windows 7 at one point due to some of my frustrations with Windows 10. However, Windows 7 has embedded a lot of the more annoying features that Windows 10 has in recent updates, so it's pointless to go back now. Windows 7 is also rapidly approaching the end of its support, so we seem to be stuck with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. I tried switching to Linux as well, but I found that much of the software that I use on a daily basis is hopelessly incompatible even with WINE.
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 7 months ago

I still have Windows 7 as my only OS right now, but I intend to get a new laptop within the next month that has Windows 10 instead. I'm mostly getting a new laptop because this one is 10+ years old and I can't take it places because the battery no longer works so it has to be constantly plugged in.
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 7 months ago

I run 8.1, I refuse to go with windows 10...
on the other hand I've got an XP/Dos machine and an old macbook so....

side note: other than the latest chrome windows XP does stuff just fine as long as you're rolling with a decent anti-virus.
and firefox has a version for it that works well.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Kyng

Post by Kyng » 6 months ago

Not at home: I skipped straight from Vista to Windows 8. Yeah, take pity on my poor soul :( .

At work, I'm still using Windows 7 (a 32-bit version).

#ForzaJules 1989-2015