Share your desktop/home screen

Come here to talk all things computers, gadgets, internet and then some!
Juneberry
Site Admin

Share your desktop/home screen

Post by Juneberry » 7 months ago

Whether it's your computer or phone, you must have a 'home screen' of some sort, right? So c'mon, let's share them! We might learn new things about each other and/or get some inspiration! I guess I'll start. This here is my laptop's desktop:

My organization is all thanks to the program Fences. You can't tell with them that I have a toooon of programs on my screen~ It makes me feel mysterious because you can't count how many writing programs I have.
Megan

Post by Megan » 7 months ago

Juneberry wrote:
7 months ago
Whether it's your computer or phone, you must have a 'home screen' of some sort, right? So c'mon, let's share them! We might learn new things about each other and/or get some inspiration! I guess I'll start. This here is my laptop's desktop:

My organization is all thanks to the program Fences. You can't tell with them that I have a toooon of programs on my screen~ It makes me feel mysterious because you can't count how many writing programs I have.
Oh I like how its organized! Very cool!

Mine features art a friend did of some of my characters. I made it into a wallpaper.
Juneberry
Site Admin

That's a lovely picture! :D You have some interesting icons on your task bar (is it called that on Apple? I forget)
Megan

Juneberry wrote:
7 months ago
That's a lovely picture! :D You have some interesting icons on your task bar (is it called that on Apple? I forget)
Honestly I forget. XD But mostly the typical stuff on mac's. All my other programs are in a different section.
Juneberry
Site Admin

Ahhh I see~ o3o I'm not used to Macs so I don't know the typical stuff xD
Megan

Juneberry wrote:
7 months ago
Ahhh I see~ o3o I'm not used to Macs so I don't know the typical stuff xD
I've only used em for 5 years maybe? Probably less. XD
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 7 months ago

Windows side:

Linux Side:

I just don't have the heart to change it, I was inspired by cyberpunk, and specifically tron legacy and hacknet and I kinda ran with it.
this is the most retro futuristic interface I've come up with to date.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin

I don't see a reason you should have to change it anyway. I think it's quite charming! Top-left is my favorite image, but that Linux color scheme in general is so pretty and easy on the eyes!
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 7 months ago

hehe, yeah, I just felt it kinda fitting for windows to have a Borg inspired theme lol.

and thanks for the feedback, I actually got a ton of positive feedback when I posted my linux interface over on the GUI redit.
I'm no painter but I love designing interfaces :P
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin

Is it difficult to design an interface? It certainly seems like it would be.