What smartphone do you own?

Come here to talk all things computers, gadgets, internet and then some!
Lex Luthor

What smartphone do you own?

Post by Lex Luthor » 7 months ago

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S8 for myself I think last year. It's lasted me through thick and thin so far. Thing even fell on the floor and took the hit like a champ. No scratches or anything, which I'm surprised at. I had one of those tough glass screen protectors tho.

What smartphone do you use? Are you planning to upgrade in 2019 if it's an old phone?
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 7 months ago

My phone is an Alcatel Raven. It runs on Android 7.1.1. I'm surprised with all the times I've dropped it since getting it last year that it survives on and keeps doing its best for me.

I'm not likely going to get an upgrade, but that's because it's expensive and I have to focus on tracfone only. I also don't need a new phone as long as this one works fine. :)
Megan

Post by Megan » 7 months ago

iPhone 7 plus for me. It took me a while to get used to the size, but I like it. Probably won't upgrade at all unless I need to. My old one which was an SE I killed in the wash. XD
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 7 months ago

Megan wrote:
7 months ago
iPhone 7 plus for me. It took me a while to get used to the size, but I like it. Probably won't upgrade at all unless I need to. My old one which was an SE I killed in the wash. XD
I did that with one of my earlier brick phones. xD
Megan

Post by Megan » 7 months ago

Juneberry wrote:
7 months ago
Megan wrote:
7 months ago
I did that with one of my earlier brick phones. xD
I was so upset over it. I had forgotten it was in my pocket.
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 7 months ago

I currently have a Moto X4, Alexa eddition.
it has 3 separate assistants lol.

but I like it, it's super handy and has dual 12mp cameras :P
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
MeowsePad

Post by MeowsePad » 7 months ago

I own an LG Stylo 4. It's a huge upgrade over my Stylo 3. It's fast and has a surprisingly decent battery life for such a cheap phone. My only complaint is that it uses USB-C, which is kind of a nuisance considering I had a ton of Micro USB cords lying around. I'm still slowly acquiring more USB-C cords so that I'm not stuck without a place to charge my phone. xD
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 7 months ago

@ MeowsePad: have you installed any USB wall sockets yet?

I've put a few in my house so I don't need wall warts to charge my phone lol.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jason5

Post by Jason5 » 7 months ago

I own iPhone 8 64GB version. It is compact and very easy to use. I love iOS so i chose the iPhone.
Winter Bear

Post by Winter Bear » 2 months ago

I have a Samsung Galaxy A8 cellphone right now and I also have Samsung Galaxy A5 cellphone that I turned into an mp3 player.