AMA: Ask the Spook

Here, you're welcome to start a thread for others to ask you anything they might want to know about you! Within reason, of course!
Spook of the lost

Re: AMA: Ask the Spook

Post by Spook of the lost »

a lot of patience and endurance.

interestingly enough the self control I practiced growing up actually aided me when I worked in food service.

there was a time when I was just starting and the management was trying to find where a foul odor was coming from.

I managed to find it when nobody else would get close, to this day I've got a high tolerance for bad smells but I like to take a breath of fresh air after it's dealt with, if only because it takes a lot to be in the same room with it until I can lock down enough to tolerate it and eventually find the source.

sort of like engaging a different mode of sorts where I decouple smell from emotion and reflex in order to isolate it and focus it, I don't use it often though.
word count: 146
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Do you think I can learn to do that with my super hearing? :o
word count: 13
Spook of the lost

Definitely, just a matter of learning to control/isolate parts of it.

Best way to do that would be to sit somewhere quiet and meditate with the goal to pickup the most faint sounds while learning to recognize what they are.
After a while it should become easier to do this without having to meditate first.

Beyond that it's just learning to pick out individual sounds and telling location and distance relative to you.

I dare say you must be great at navigating in the dark.
word count: 87
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Did you ever have an imaginary friend?
word count: 7
Spook of the lost

That one's a bit of a sad story.

When I was very little I did, unfortunately when I was 4 my father took me from my grandparents who were talking care of me at the time and I was taken across country. I spent a year where he abused my mother, sister and myself, part of that abuse was that he made me fear said imaginary friend turning it into a monster.

The end result was that after my rescue from that year of hell.
I learned lucid dreaming and had to trap it inside a quantum singularity I conjured up.

As most people know. Anything that falls into the event horizon of a black hole is trapped there and ripped to atoms, not even light can escape.

I never again had an imaginary friend.
word count: 136
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

That certainly is a sad story! :c How did you get rescued?
word count: 12
Spook of the lost

Those same grandparents had been fighting a legal battle for that year trying to get me and my sister out of that situation. The thing that won the case in their favor was something rather crazy I did. I remembered the home phone number, a number I use as my personal number to this day. When I called home I told them about everything that was going on and they'd gotten it on tape, I pleaded with them to rescue my sister as well. I was later beaten by my father in an effort to find out what I had told them, of course I didn't break and he eventually gave up.

that experience, that year of abuse and hell, it was the crucible that made me who I am today, my determination to never become a monster like my father and his father before him.
word count: 148
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

How often do you shave?
word count: 5
Spook of the lost

... I don t, I've a nice well kept beard, I trim it with hair scissors every couple months or so and wash it with shampoo and conditioner, once in a while I might use a razor for shaping it but thats rare.

Also? It's super soft and fun to stroke when I'm pondering stuff lol.
word count: 58
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

How hairy is your back?
word count: 5