AMA: Ask the Spook

Here, you're welcome to start a thread for others to ask you anything they might want to know about you! Within reason, of course!
Megan

Re: AMA: Ask the Spook

Post by Megan » 2 weeks ago

What is something you really dislike doing?
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 1 week ago

Hand washing dishes after having them soak in water. The grimy dishwater, despite being theoretically clean, just groses me out too much. I prefer to either clean them immediately after dinner, or prep them for the dishwasher.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 1 week ago

Do you have a dishwasher, then?
Spook of the lost

yes but it's currently non functional.

some sensor or pump went on it and AHAM and I are in disagreement on the fact that I should be able to order the bloody part instead of paying a tech $170.

so I've been hand washing lately...

luckily I recently upgraded my sink lol.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin

What's AHAM?
Spook of the lost

American home appliance manufacturers association aham for short
Juneberry
Site Admin

I see! Thank you for the lesson~

Have you had this problem with AHAM before?
Spook of the lost

Yeah, it's weird in that it's not just them, companies want you to throw the old away and buy the new, not fix the one you have forever. It's wasteful, and something that really drives me to learn new skills in an effort to go against this idea. I've also found it's usually cheaper to fix something than either buy another or pay someone to fix it.

For example. A toaster is a really simple device. It works on converting resistance into thermal radiation. So when a wire in the wire mesh breaks, it doesn't toast evenly, or at all in that slot. $5 in wire and some wirework + soldering later and it's working again. Saving a few bucks and keeping it from the landfill. It's not much but it helps the planet, helps save money, and much like computers vs people, is easier than it seems.
Juneberry
Site Admin

What is a country you wish to visit someday?
Spook of the lost

my top 10 are.
Japan
Germany
Australia
Canada
Scotland/ireland
Denmark
Norway
Greenland
Brazil
Tortuga

but above all countries the place I want to visit most isn't a country, it's a continent.

Antarctica.