What got you into writing?

You're free to talk about anything writing related here. Talk plot, talk revision- literally anything related to writing!
Juneberry
Site Admin

What got you into writing?

Post by Juneberry » 6 months ago

Do you remember when you started writing? Do you remember what lit that spark that made you go from trying it to regularly pursuing it in some way? I know for me, I started trying to write my first book when I was about eleven. My dad found the manuscript earlier this year, in fact. I'm embarrassed just looking at it! But to be honest, I always liked stories: both telling and listening to them. My favorite stories for bed were ones dad made up just for me. And I think it was because of that that I decided I wanted to make stories too.
Megan

Post by Megan » 6 months ago

Hm, I'm not entirely sure...

I know I always liked to make up stories. Maybe that? Or maybe from school. Sometimes they'd have you do creative writing. I honestly don't really remember.
Winter Bear

Post by Winter Bear » 1 month ago

I was in elementary school when I got interesting in writing. The teacher wanted us to write own version of a favorite fairy tale story so I choose to write my own version of Beauty and the Beast which was one of her favorites out of all of the students. I was so proud of myself for writing it so well and I realized how much I love to write stories. My dream is be a children's author which I am currently trying to make come true but it's not as easy as it sounds.
Juneberry
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry » 1 month ago

Oh I know how hard that can be! I took a creative writing class in middle school and we had to write a short children's book as a project for a grade. It was hard... especially because we also had to illustrate it. But just writing the story can be difficult on its own.