Do you remember your dreams?

We can't always be on the computer- real life has a way of dragging you away, after all. That's why this forum is here- to talk all about it.
Juneberry
Site Admin

Do you remember your dreams?

Post by Juneberry » 7 months ago

Dreams can be a great place to get ideas for your creative side, but they also can teach us a lot about ourselves, I think. Do you keep track of your dreams? Do you remember them to begin with when you wake up? I know I only really remember the nightmares I have... And as of recently, I'm using them to shape a brand new story to break my own barriers. Trying to find the meaning that was held by them, though, is a much more difficult story.
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 7 months ago

when I was a kid I used to have terrible nightmares, bad history when I was little.
but my grandfather took it upon himself to teach me about lucid dreaming.
I remember my dreams because I'm always concious of them.
mostly though I use that time and the control of the dream to think about stuff and try out new ideas.
my most common place to go?
a ship orbiting a gas planet around another star, it's nice to have somewhere remote to think lol.
also great for working on stuff I'm writing since I can play out ideas like directing a play or movie.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin

That makes me really want to learn lucid dreaming- plus, with control of the nightmares, they won't be as scary anymore.
Seriously though, that's a great image to imagine right there~
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost » 7 months ago

Well there's a trick to it. Look at your hands willfully during a dream, it's like putting in a dev mode cheat. After that it's anything you can imagine becomes tangible.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin

First I'd need help recognizing i'm in a dream and telling me to look at them. xD
Lex Luthor

Post by Lex Luthor » 7 months ago

Depends.

It's normally foggy and I never remember the beginning, but sometimes I remember pieces of it. I think most cases, I never remember someone's face from a dream.
Kyng

Post by Kyng » 7 months ago

Only the very weird ones, that tend to descend into massive food fights :P .

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
Lammchen

Post by Lammchen » 7 months ago

I remember a lot of my dreams and most of them are very pleasant. I can sense when a dream is turning bad and then force it to change so that it doesn't become a nightmare. Sometimes I have prophetic type dreams and the deja vu feeling can be really creepy.

I dream in color. Do you?
Juneberry
Site Admin

Lammchen wrote:
7 months ago
I remember a lot of my dreams and most of them are very pleasant. I can sense when a dream is turning bad and then force it to change so that it doesn't become a nightmare. Sometimes I have prophetic type dreams and the deja vu feeling can be really creepy.

I dream in color. Do you?
I've had slight prophetic dreams once or twice in my life as well- that deja vu certainly is creepy, especially depending on when the dream was.
And I do dream in color. A lot of colors.
Kyng wrote:
7 months ago
Only the very weird ones, that tend to descend into massive food fights :P .
I have a lot of weird ones that usually are easily remembered but scare me. Some are just plain painful (I felt pain in the dream). Dreams can be peculiar.
Megan

Post by Megan » 7 months ago

I usually don’t remember mine. Sometimes I do though. Used to write them down and try to figure out the meanings.